You must be at least 13 years of age to contribute to Racial Reckoning. We ask for your name and email address only to validate submissions and to help us follow up with users as needed. It is important to check information or inquire about intellectual property rights. These names and email addresses will be a part of the record created by this site. This information may be shared or preserved for research purposes in the future. We will not use information to track you. The descriptions of content you submit will be available to the public and will be reviewed by Racial Reckoning staff.
Racial Reckoning staff will not respond to informal request by a third party for personally identifiable information about any contributor. Such information includes content contributed to the site, email address or inquiries, and database search records. Personally identifiable information may be released only to a law enforcement agency after presentation of an order by a court of jurisdiction (i.e., a court issued subpoena or search warrant) and/or under the provisions of the USA Patriot Act.
By submitting, users agree to the following:
- That they give Racial Reckoning permission to store the contribution indefinitely.
- That they give permission to publicly display the contribution on this website.
- That they have asked and obtained permission from the people who appear in their contriubtion to publicly display their image or likeness on this website. Otherwise, we ask that contributors blur identifying features like faces, tattoos, etc. before uploading.
- That they give permission to preserve the contribution, including the identifying information collected at the time of submission. Racial Reckoning may at its discretion turn over these materials, including the identifying information, to a third party for the purpose of long-term preservation and use by researchers.
- That they are at least 13 years of age.
- That they are not violating any intellectual property rights by submitting these materials.
Racial Reckoning is under no obligation to store, preserve, or publish any materials submitted to the site. Such publication and preservation is solely at the discretion of Racial Reckoning, and materials may be deleted, or stored and not published, for any reason.
Racial Reckoning makes every attempt to respect and protect users' privacy, and the privacy of those who are depicted in images or videos uploaded to the website by others. If you see yourself in an image on racialreckoning.org and do not wish for it to be publicly visible, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.